Thursday, January 6, 2011

Woops.

Foreword

Hello again readers of this oddly named blog. Since I still have not exactly decided where I am going with my whole segment quite yet; I figured I would continue the theme from my last entry over to this one, for some illusion of consistency. Overall what I have gathered from my last and only post is that I pretty much am a total asshole. This is actually believe it or not a new revelation to me, and I am sure there are a few individuals out there reading this whispering to their computer screens “It’s about fucking time.”

I intended to write a piece which detailed my “amusing” exploitation of an aim chat room website. But this has been proving a difficult task, for I hadn’t quite realized the magnitude of my asshole-ish-ness; the chat room antics that I have saved consist of about two and a half Ayn Rand novels worth of text.





Ayn Rand on her latest objectivist novel, "800 Pages Entailing Why You Should be Selfish and Not Care About Orphans."



You can read all about that next week though when I finally decide that I care more about entertaining who ever the hell even reads this, then about updating my facebook statuses with cryptic music lyrics vaguely relating to some women I am attempting to woo. And in case you were wondering how that’s going, it’s not at all.

I apologize for the vast amount of delays thus far that have plagued the development of this particular post (why am I talking about this as if it were some movie or higher work of literature?) It shall be finished tonight, I am currently simply editing and googling extra allusions I can throw in to make me look even more clever. Just know this my readers, that instead of writing the post you've all been waiting for, I was probably jerking off or something.


So now that you’ve got that nice visual in your head, here’s my official apology and something I’ll now start doing regularly.






Both are sort of experimental, funky electronic ordeals. Discovery is the solo project of the keyboardist from Vampire Weekend, and his LP is incredibly catchy and seriously infectious. Caribou on the other hand was formerly a mathematician who decided math was lame and became a musician. Definitely give both a spin. Highlights include "Odessa," "Leave House" and "Lalibela" for Swim; "Osaka Loop Line," "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" and "I Want You Back" for Discovery. Seriously don’t be discouraged by the seemingly pop vibe Discovery seems to instill at first. Trust me it takes that and distorts it into something pretty freakin' awesome. And yes I Want You Back is totally a Michael Jackson cover.

Know, my spectacular and beautiful readers, that I will finish writing within the next two hours or so. And also know that if for whatever reason not up sunday it is entirely Pat’s fault (totally scapegoating the blame here.) Until then, see you space cowboy(s)…



~Thom Oliver James Boody

4 comments:

  1. Wow I am completely inept when it comes to html...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even finish reading yet but the Ayn Rand comment under her picture made me laugh so hard while simultaneously shaking my fist that I had to comment. -Regie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah thats what I basically gathered from reading 2 pages of Fountainhead and her wikipedia page. I honestly only made this whole thing so I could use that joke, which I unfortunately had to cut from my real post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So worth it. I hate that woman, ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete